- Case for Original Raspberry Pi B with original 320x240px PiTFT screen
- Open source, download the Adobe Illustrator format file here.
- Or, save yourself time and effort and buy it from us and we’ll cut it, make sure it fits together well and ship it to you. The tolerances are pretty tight on this and we’ve found different batches of acrylic sometimes require adjustments to the file.
- We can customize the case for you, with your name or an image. Contact us for a quote. Simple raster images that are already black&white, can be added at no charge.
- PDF of assembly instructions here
Have you ever wanted to be set up your Raspberry Pi with a touchscreen in the same enclosure? We sure have! This acrylic case is a solution to that problem. Designed to accommodate the PiTFT TFT+Touchscreen, we’ve managed to sandwich the display in between three pieces of acrylic, keeping it square to the case as well as safely contained to avoid nasty accidents. Based on Adafruit’s Raspberry Pi Box, we’ve modified the design to closely contain your Raspberry Pi while maintaining its ease of use.
The case also includes two header spacers, which allow the TFT Circuit Board to sit on the Raspberry Pi Board while and clearing its USB ports. Only one spacer is needed, but the more the merrier! The spacer can be placed either:
1) On the stacking header in between the Touchscreen Circuit Board and the stacking header as seen in the supplied pictures or…
2) On the Raspberry Pi header pins, sitting in between stacking headers (soldered to the TFT Touchscreen) and the Raspberry Pi, also seen in the supplied pictures.
Having trouble getting the case put together? Look no further! You can find a PDF detailing assembly instructions right here!
If you’re having trouble setting up your Raspberry Pi to use the PiTFT Screen or would rather avoid the hassle of setting it up yourself, you can flash our pre-configured Raspbian to your SD Card! The image file below has already been configured to use the PiTFT Touchscreen, so just follow the instructions for your operating system and you’ll have your screen operational in no time at all!
- GadgetCat Raspberry PiTFT Touchscreen Pre-Configured Raspbian Image
- Raspberry Pi Flashing Procedure for Windows.
- Raspberry Pi Flashing Procedure for Mac OSX